Argus Community Prevention Services
Argus Community’s Prevention Service is a comprehensive and research-based program co-located inside the Davidson Community Center. It delivers a wide range of services including, evidence-based education, skills development workshops, training sessions for parents, teachers and other professionals, and positive alternative activities for youth that supports safe and healthy environments.
As a certified Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS) provider, the program delivers prevention services, strategies and activities necessary to reduce underage drinking, alcohol misuse and abuse, illegal drug abuse, medication misuse, and problem gambling. Our Prevention Service identifies specific risk factors that increase the likelihood of the development of substance abuse, delinquency, teen pregnancy, school drop-out and violence, while helping participants develop and employ protective factors to promote supportive communities and healthy development in children, adolescents, and young adults.
Primary prevention and evidence-based services are delivered on-site at the Davidson Community Center and off-site within local elementary, middle, and high schools to youth, parents, and guardians to improve their individual and family outcomes.
Must be 6-24 years old, with favorable attitudes towards substance use or gambling. High risk factors, family history of substance misuse or problem gambling, early initiation of substance use, depressive symptoms, family management problems and/or family conflict.
*Prevention counseling is voluntary.
To make an immediate referral call 718-401-5700 or click here
The Prevention Service is open Monday through Friday 9:00 am – 6:00 pm.
2038 Davidson Avenue
Bronx, NY 10453
- Switchboard: (718) 401-5700
- Central Intake: (718) 731-6360
- Email: Jford@arguscommunity.org
- Comprehensive screening and assessment
- Participant-centered individualized service plans
- One-on-one prevention counseling
- Age appropriate Evidence-Based Curriculum, including, Life Skills, Project Towards No Drug Abuse, Reconnecting Youth, Strengthening Families, Too Good for Drugs, and Too Good for Violence
- Parent Training, Family Management, and Workshops
- Classroom and group education including 101 Ways to Teach Children Social Skills
- On-site Pathways to Graduation TASC Program for adolescents 17-21
- Community Information Awareness and Newsletter
- Multicultural Activities including Arts and Crafts, Dance, and Cultural Celebrations
- On-site and Off-site Recreation
- Care coordination, referrals, advocacy and follow-up
Argus Community ensures Community Prevention Services clients have continuous access to high quality supportive services that are integrated into comprehensive, person-centered and recovery-focused provision of care.