Prometheus I and Prometheus II
Prometheus and Prometheus II are comprehensive outpatient mental health programs licensed by the NYS Office of Mental Health. They provide outpatient mental health services to members of the NYC community with diagnoses of serious mental illness and dysfunction due to mental illness. The programs specialize in the treatment of adults 18 years of age and older with co-occurring mental illness and chemical dependence disorders. Using a strength-based recovery model, individuals with serious mental illness are provided with the skills and supports necessary to remain in the community and or work toward a more independent level of functioning. Participants often attend six days per week with visits lasting up to four hours per visit.
Our person-centered approach is designed to assist individuals in managing their mental health condition, restore life skills, address barriers related to life roles, and establish social supports and connections in the community. The ultimate goal is for the individual receiving services to achieve self-stated goals such as securing or retaining employment, returning to school, being a parent or spouse, making friends, or accessing community resources.
Prometheus I and II are OMH-licensed continuing day treatment program in the South Bronx serving adult men and women, aged 18 and over, who have been diagnosed with severe and persistent mental illness and struggle with a co-occurring substance use disorder (SUD). Both programs offer comprehensive assessment and treatment planning, evidence-based individual and group counseling, life skills and health education. Specialized mental health services include initial and ongoing psychiatric assessment as well as symptom and medication monitoring
To make an immediate referral call 718-993-3183 or click here
We accept Medicaid, Managed Medicaid, and most major insurance plans. For individuals who lack insurance, we also offer a sliding scale based on the ability to pay for treatment. Lack of insurance or ability to pay does not bar from enrollment.
Affinity Health Plan
Beacon Health Options
Independence Care System
Optum/United Behavioral Health
Partners Health Plan
VNSNy Choice Health Plans
The program is presently open Monday – Friday from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm, and Saturday from 10:00am to 3:00pm.
Prometheus I CDTP
402 East 156th Street
Bronx, NY 10455
Prometheus II CDTP
760 East 160th Street
Bronx, NY 10456
- Comprehensive screening and assessment
- Psychiatric evaluation and ongoing psychiatric services
- Medication Therapy
- Patient-centered individualized treatment plans
- Individual, group, and family counseling
- Care management/care coordination
- Evidence-based therapy including, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, and Illness Management and Recovery
- Traditional groups including, relapse prevention, psychoeducation, dual diagnosis, wellness management, and relaxation/recovery skills groups
- Specialty groups including, creative arts, anger management, domestic violence, parenting skills, and trauma-focused therapy.
- Assistance with courts, TASC, Probation/Parole, ACS
- Toxicology services
- Pre-vocational counseling
Argus Community ensures Continuing Day Treatment Program clients have continuous access to high quality prevention services that are integrated into comprehensive, person-centered and recovery-focused provision of care.