Elizabeth L. Sturz (ELS) Outpatient Treatment Center
The Elizabeth L. Sturz Outpatient Center is a medically supervised intensive outpatient substance abuse treatment program for adults and adolescents seeking recovery services. The outpatient center is a warm, friendly, and compassionate environment that genuinely cares about clients as they work on their recovery needs. We help people to address and overcome their substance abuse while living at home and remaining active in their community and workplace. Every patient receives a comprehensive evaluation, a patient-centered individualized treatment plan, and a program of therapies unique to their treatment needs.
The outpatient program has a full complement of nursing, medical, psychological and psychiatric staff available five days per week. We believe our interdisciplinary approach allows us to better empower our clients in their recovery process to resolve current problems, and construct a new lifestyle by building on their strengths. For individuals in need of DUI or DWI screening, assessment, or treatment services, we offer short-term treatment solutions.
We accept Medicaid, Managed Medicaid, and most major insurance plans. For individuals who lack insurance, we also offer a sliding scale. Lack of insurance or ability to pay does not bar from enrollment. For individuals with insurance, round-trip Metrocard is provided.
13 years of age or older with an alcohol or substance abuse problem.
Monday through Friday 8:30 am – 7:00 pm and on Saturdays from 10:00 am-12:00 pm.
For adolescents ages 13-17, the outpatient center provides after-school individual and group counseling from 4:00- 5:00pm.
760 East 160th Street
Bronx, NY 10456
- Comprehensive screening and assessment services
- Court-ordered DWI/DUI assessments and treatment services
- Psychiatric services
- Medication-assisted treatment including Buprenorphine and Vivitrol
- Patient-centered individualized treatment plans and care coordination
- Individual, group, and family counseling
- Afternoon youth program (4:00-5:00pm) for ages 13-17
- Evidence-based treatment including: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Motivational Interviewing
- Relapse Prevention, psycho-education, dual diagnosis and recovery skills groups
- Specialty groups including Anger Management, Domestic Violence and Parenting Skills
- TASC and High School Equivalency program for Adolescents 17-24 (Dept. of Education onsite)
- Assistance with courts, TASC, Probation/Parole, ACS
- General physical exams and TB testing available
- Entitlement and insurance assistance
- Toxicology services
- Vocational services including career guidance, work readiness, and job placement
Argus Community ensures our Elizabeth L. Sturz Outpatient program clients have continuous access to high quality supportive services that are integrated into comprehensive, person-centered and recovery-focused provision of care.