Pathways to Graduation
Argus Community is proud to offer two free District 79 High School Equivalency programs to young adults who did not graduate from high school or whose diplomas may not be recognized by New York State. In 2014, New York State replaced the General Educational Development (GED®) with a new high school equivalency test called the Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC™) replace the as the primary pathway to a New York State High School Equivalency Diploma. Pathways to Graduation (youth 18-21) and Restart Academy (youth 18-24) provide full-day academic TASC preparation to help youth obtain their High School Equivalency Diploma.
Each program has Department of Education certified instructors that assist students includes formal classes in literacy, language arts, writing, mathematics, science, and social studies in a student-centered environment with individualized learning plans. Field trips to local libraries, museums and other educational venues are organized by teachers and students. State of the art classrooms include “smart boards”, computer-assisted instruction and a computer laboratory. Individuals who obtain their High School Equivalency Diploma are provided with guidance to advance to college and career opportunities.
Free transportation to and from school and lunches are provided as are incentives for exceptional attendance.
Pathways to Graduation (youth 18-21)
Restart Academy (youth 13-21)
The programs offer flexible class schedules, check with each for exact hours of operation.
760 East 160th Street
Bronx, NY 10456
Pathways to Graduation (P2G)
2038 Davidson Avenue
Bronx, NY 10453
Pathways to Graduation Offers:
- ESL and Spanish bilingual preparation for the high school equivalency diploma
- Paid internships
- Instruction from certified teachers in all five sections of the High School Equivalency exam: Reading, Writing, Math, Science, Social Studies
- Rolling admission which enables students to enroll throughout the school year
- Instruction for ALL reading and language levels
- Breakfast and/or lunch are provided at some sites to eligible students
- Metrocards for all eligible students
- College & Career Resource Centers (CCRC) to coach students and guide students for college and career success
- Partnerships with organizations like Opportunities for a Better Tomorrow, YMCA, The Door and CUNY City University of New York
Restart Academy Offers:
- Instructional services in various transitional settings
- Juvenile justice support programs
- Behavioral health and/or substance use treatment programs
- CBOs/Social services agencies and other transitional settings
Argus Community ensures our Pathways to Graduation and Restart Academy Program clients enjoy continuous access to high quality prevention services that are integrated into a comprehensive, person-centered and recovery-focused provision of care.