ARU Outpatient Program
ARU is an OASAS licensed medically supervised intensive outpatient substance abuse program for adults ages 18 and up. The outpatient center is a warm, friendly and compassionate environment that genuinely cares about clients as they work on their recovery needs. We help people address and overcome their substance abuse while living at home and remaining active in their community and workplace. Every patient receives a comprehensive evaluation, a patient-centered individualized treatment plan, and a program of therapies unique to their treatment needs.
The outpatient program has a full complement of nursing, medical, psychological and psychiatric staff available five days per week. We believe our interdisciplinary approach allows us to empower our clients in their recovery process to resolve current issues, and construct a new lifestyle by building on their strengths. The outpatient center has flexible daytime and evening hours.
We provide services through individual and group counseling, the group curriculums are evidenced based. We have memorandums of understanding with community based organizations to provide the following services to our residents:
17 years of age or older with an alcohol or substance abuse problem.
- Comprehensive Screening and Diagnostic Services
- Court-ordered DWI/DUI Assessments and Treatment Services
- Patient-Centered Individualized Treatment Plans
- Individual, Group, and Family Counseling
- Evidence-based Treatment including: Cognitive Behavioral and Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Relapse Prevention, Psycho-education, and Recovery Skills Groups
- Specialty groups including Anger Management, Domestic Violence and Parenting Skills Groups
- Assistance with NYC Courts, TASC, Probation/Parole, ACS
- General Physical Exams and TB Testing Available
- Dual Diagnosis Services
- Toxicology Monitoring
Argus Community ensures our ARU Outpatient program clients have continuous access to high quality supportive services that are integrated into comprehensive, person-centered and recovery-focused provision of care.